Sautéed Field Mushrooms and Poached Egg on Grilled Brioche
Today is a great day for Verses From My Kitchen. It's the first day where all my food photographs will now be taken with a Digital SLR camera. Hopefully with the pictures to come today and in the future you'll notice a difference. Food shots that are more vibrant, impactful and speak their own story.
The first time I made Sautéed Field Mushrooms and Grilled Brioche with a Poached Egg I was blown away. It was about four years ago when I had my mom visiting me in Toronto. We were both hungry, but not starving. We were looking for something light and filling at the same time. I made this then and it not only hit the spot but the flavours resonated with me ever since. Today was no different. The mushrooms were perfectly seasoned and the crunchy toast played perfectly with the soft and delicate poached egg. I'll make this again and again.
Sautéed Mushrooms and Poached Egg on Grilled Brioche
200 grams field mushrooms, sliced (portabella, cremini, button, etc.)
2 slices of Brioche
2 organic eggs
1 oz. butter
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1 shallot, finely chopped
1 small garlic, finely chopped
1 tbsp. flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
kosher salt & cracked pepper
1. Place a medium-sized high-sided pot over medium-high heat and fill to within two inches of the top with water. Add white wine vinegar and bring to a boil.
2. Place a large sauté pan over medium to high heat and add butter add shallots and garlic for 2 minutes, to sweat.
3. Add mushrooms and season with salt & pepper.
4. While mushrooms are sweating, break eggs one at a time into a small bowl and transfer gently to the boiling water. Poach for 2 minutes.
5. Add in the parsley and toss with the mushrooms.
6. On a grill, place brioche with a drizzle of olive oil and toast. Place on a plate.
7. Top the bread with mushrooms and the poached egg.
|Grilled Toast with Sautéed Mushrooms and Poached Egg|